HAU in Gulu, Uganda

HAU in Gulu, Uganda
Me in front of HAU's Office on Day 2!

Monday, May 13, 2013

HAU, Day One

What's up everyone?

This one will be a short post. Basically, today's the first day that we are working at HAU, and I have to say it's been great. I'm in love already - the staff is very friendly and are very receptive to working with us, though such is expected after six years of a partnership with them! We've met the whole team at a staff meeting this morning, in which we introduced ourselves to everyone in HAU. I also managed to speak up and express what our GROW team means to accomplish over our time hear and how we hope to carry our goals out. For the rest of the day, we have been planning out what we're going to do, evaluation wise, for our Goat Lending, Seed Lending, Mama Kit, and Scholarship programs. Hopefully we'll all be able to visit the project sites and meet the people we've had an impact on! I'm also planning on visiting another NGO in the area named GWED-G to discuss fund raising and their success in the area. Everything is being set in motion, and I couldn't be happier. 

Also, my 20th birthday is coming up in two days and Francis's 40th is coming up on Monday. We've already discussed celebrating both of ours on Saturday, so we'll see how that goes. Hopefully I don't end up in Rwanda or something. 

Zach

GoT: Yeah I thought about dropping the books after I found that there was little to no sex, too. Almost done the first book, still enthralled. The build up is immense, but knowing what is to come makes it a bit upsetting.  


2 comments:

  1. Lookit me, I should get a gold star for checking to see whether you've updated your blog, even though you never made a status about it. A+.

    Even though you and the team have only been there for a day, it seems like you've already done so much! Really proud of you, Zach Attack DNLITS. Is it weird/rude that I smirked when I read "Goat Lending"? It just sounds so bizarre to me.

    And why NOT end up in Rwanda? At least you'd have something significant and memorable to bring up when you tell your children about how crazy you were back in the day. "See, kids, when I was a young whipper-snapper, I got so piss-drunk on my 20th birthday that I blacked out and found myself in Rwanda." Just kidding. That'd probably be uber unsafe. I want you back in one piece, Zach...you hear me?

    GoT: STOP READING AND GIVE ME A CHANCE TO CATCH UP JESUS CHRIST.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're doing all we can at the moment, but it seems like things are being set in motion so that's good! My only concern is that we're pounding everyone with information and questions too early, I mean we've been working here only for two days thus far!

    My only concern is getting back if it happens. We'll see though.

    GoT: NO, IT'S TOO GOOD TO STOP. AND DON'T SAY THE LORD'S NAME IN VAIN!

    ReplyDelete